It is important to teach pupils about how to keep track of money now, so that they will know how to do this in later life, with larger amounts of money. In a simple, yet sensible way, this activity shows pupils how they can create and use records to track their money and keep it in a safe place.
Theme |How to manage money
A great way to help children keep track of their money and plan their saving/spending by understanding how to keep a record.
This activity will cover the following themes from the Young Money Financial Education Planning Framework:
- Becoming a critical consumer: Choices about saving and spending
- How to manage money: Keeping track of money and keeping records
This activity will cover the following learning objectives from the Young Money Financial Education Planning Framework:
- I can make a simple plan for my saving and spending choices and stick to it
- I know there are ways of keeping track of my money and what I spend
- I can keep simple financial records
- I know some different ways of keeping track of my money
The Financial Education Quality Mark gives educators confidence that the financial education materials they are using are of the highest educational value, contain accurate and up-to-date information and are engaging and relevant for young people.
About this activity
Timing: 50 minutes
amount, coins, money, notes, purse, save, spend, wallet
Be a Money Hero and log in or sign up
We need you to create an account to do that. Log in or sign up as a teacher or parent today to access free financial education resources today.